What We Believe
The doctrinal position of Maspeth Bible Church is expressed in the following ten statements. These statements are neither intended to take the place of the Bible, which alone is the final authority in faith and life, nor meant to express the total body of Christian truth. Rather they present concisely a basic creed to which all members must agree.
- We believe in the verbal inspiration of all the Scriptures of both the Old and New Testaments, and that they are the final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the virgin birth of Christ, and that He is true God and true Man.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, and that with His shed blood He obtained for us eternal redemption.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and His present life there as our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in the personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the total depravity of all mankind, and in the necessity of regeneration.
- We believe that salvation is the free gift of God, entirely apart from works, and is possessed by all who have by faith recieved the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine person and that He indwells all believers.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust; the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.